If you’re an adolescent (or trying to help an adolescent) deal with depression, anxiety, substance abuse, or suicidal thoughts, you know all about living behind a mask. In Behind the Mask, author Dennis Rozema helps you let go of the mask, reveal your true self, and become the person you were born to be.
Using personal examples from my work as a former high school counselor and adolescent therapist, I help teens (and those trying to help teens) understand the issues troubled youths face. Behind the Mask shares the personal experiences of adolescents and offers quotes from real journals to illustrate how teenagers minds’ work. It provides information for young people to throw off their masks and live happier, more fulfilling lives.
Behind the Mask examines the following:
• Three of the masks teens wear
• The despair that lies behind the mask
• Emotions and behaviors that fuel that despair
• The relationship of the mask to addictions
• The importance of love and trust, and how they can lead to recovery
• Steps to make recovery possible